This Privacy Notice explains how the Foundation (“we” and “our”) handles and uses the personal data we collect about our current and past donors, previous parents, previous staff and other supporters who have in a relationship with Ratcliffe College (known as “Friends” of Ratcliffe.)
Developing a better understanding of our “Friends” allows us to keep in touch with you, in order to keep you apprised of our activities and developments, to provide services to you, and to identify ways in which you can support us, through donations or other forms of financial and non-financial support.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold.
Personal data held by the Foundation
We may hold information relating to you from a number of sources. A significant proportion of the information we hold on “Friends” is that which you provide to us (for example, you may give us information by filling in forms in response to communication from us, on the Ratcliffe College Foundation website, through a donation form, or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise). If you are a member of the Ratcliffian Association (i.e. a former pupil of Ratcliffe College), your details will be shared with the Foundation as part of the data agreement between the Foundation and the Association. Please see the privacy notice for the Association at www.RatcliffianAssociation.co.uk
Most records contain:
- biographic information including your title, name and contact details
- If you were a pupil at Ratcliffe College, we may hold information about your time at the School, including dates you attended and activities you were involved in
- your attendance at School, Alumni or Foundation events
- your current interests and activities, which may include extracts from any related media stories
- relationships to alumni, donors and other friends
- details about your family (e.g. your marital status, the name of your partner or spouse)
- personal data provided by you for a specific purpose (e.g. disability and dietary preferences for event management purposes)
- your communication preferences, to help us provide tailored and relevant communications
We also record, where applicable, financial information relating to you and your family, including:
- your history of donations made to the School, Association or the Foundation, and any Gift Aid declarations you have made
- an approximate estimation of your wealth
- your philanthropic interests and whether particular donations or funding appeals may be of interest to you
This information may be in the public domain or information aggregated by specialist third parties (with whom we have strict data sharing agreements).
How your data is used by the Foundation
Your data is used by us for a variety of purposes in support of Ratcliffe College. These include:
- sending you publications (e.g. the Foundation Newsletter)
- inviting you to School, Association or “Friends” events
- sending you information about future School developments, appeals and ways in which you might be able to support us
- administrative purposes (e.g. to administer an event you have registered for or previously attended)
- donation processing (e.g. we may forward financial information to your Bank to set up a Standing Order /Informing HMRC that you have advised us we can claim Gift Aid on your donation)
Due diligence – before accepting major donations we will review publicly available personal data relating to the donor to ensure that the funds are from legitimate sources.
Communications to you may be sent by post, telephone or email, depending on the contact details we hold and the preferences expressed by you about the types of communications you wish to receive.
If you wish to amend the type of communications you receive or the way in which the Foundation contacts you, please contact us by email at email@example.com
How we protect your data
We will not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances, or permit third parties to sell on the data we have shared with them.
Where we use third parties to process your data, we will ensure we have appropriate data sharing agreements in place, (for example with a mailing house).
The Ratcliffe College Foundation is a registered charity, No. 1144450, with a mission to assist the growth and development of Ratcliffe College. The legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests. For example, ensuring that we have the correct and relevant details of those who are currently, or have been closely associated with the School in order to promote School developments, increase attendance at events and also to raise financial support to further improve the School buildings, its facilities and to provide direct financial support to students who study here.
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01509 817091 if you have any concerns or questions about the above information or you wish to ask us not to process your personal data for particular purposes. Where you have specific requests relating to how we manage your data, we will endeavour to resolve these, but please note that there may be circumstances where we cannot comply with specific requests.
We will retain your data indefinitely in support of your lifelong relationship with the School or until you request us to do otherwise. We will publish on our website any changes we make to this data protection statement and notify you by other communication channels where appropriate.
Where you exercise your right to erasure, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data (name, dates of attendance, unique identification number and date of birth) to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in future. We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes (e.g. Gift Aid, anti-fraud and accounting matters).